A: 1. The minimum number of course credits per semester for 1st to 3rd-year students is 12 and the maximum is 25.
2. The minimum number of course credits per semester for 4th-year and work experience degree completion program is 9 and the minimum is 12.
A: Please complete the registration procedures first (including paying the tuition fees or completing the student loan procedures) and bring the receipt to the Registrar Section (Taipei Campus) or Taoyuan Academic Affairs Section and stamp the registration mark your student ID card. Upon completing the registration procedures, you can add/drop courses online. For student loan related questions, please inquire the Student Advising Section of Student Affairs Division (Taipei Campus) or Taoyuan Student Affairs Section.
[Apply Course Reduction After the Midterm Examination]
A: 1. Login to the Student Information System to drop classes.
2. If you fail 1/2 of the course load, you can drop no more than three classes.
3. If you fail more than 1/3 but less than 1/2 of the course load, you can drop no more than two classes.
4. If you fail less than 1/3 of the course load, you can drop one class.
• Application period: two weeks after the midterm examination; Monday 9am to Friday 4pm.
• Total credits following the drop must still meet the minimum course load requirements.
• For student who do not complete the credit hour tuition payment for certain courses before the deadline, those courses will be treated as course- reduction courses by the Academic Affairs Division and will be calculated into the total number of course-reduction courses.
[Calculation of GPA]
A: GPA is the grade point average.
The correspondence of scores, letter grade, and grade points for undergraduate programs are as followed:
A (score 80 to 100) 4 point, B (score 70 to 79) 3 point, C (score 60 to 69) 2 point, D (score 50 to 59 score) 1 point, E (below 49) 0 point.
The correspondence of scores, letter grade, and grade points for college programs are as followed:
A (score 80 to 100) 4 point, B (score 70 to 79) 3 point, C (score 65 to 69) 2 point, D (score 60 to 64) 1 point, E (below 60) 0 point.
Calculation: The product of each course’s credit hours multiplied by its corresponding grade points is summed for each student, then divided by the total credit hours taken to obtain the Grade Point Average (GPA).
[Academic Ranking for Applying Graduate School Program]
A: After inquiring the general recruitment and admission regulations for the respective graduate school, please bring the academic ranking form to the Registrar Section or Taoyuan Academic Affairs Section and a staff member will look up your academic ranking for you.
[Make-up Examination Grade]
A: 1. No makeup for midterm examinations will be made and the semester grade will reduced by eight percent. The percentage originally assigned to the midterm will be added to the final.
2. There will only be one makeup final examination. The grade for the makeup examination is based on a score of 60. If scores are above 60, any points above 60 will only be counted for half their original worth.
A: The procedures for applying the Chinese and English versions transcript are as below:
- Apply the transcript directly from the Automated Document Application Payment Machine (15 NTD per copy for single semester (not applicable for graduated students); 30 NTD per copy for cumulative academic transcript), retrieve the transcript directly from the printer (wait approximately for 30 seconds). The printer on Taipei Campus is located at the Examination Center (1st floor of E building), the printer on Taoyuan Campus is located beside the Automated Document Application Payment Machine.
- For alumni who cannot come to apply in person, can entrust family/friend or the Alumni Relations Section at +886-2-2882-4564 extension 2716 to apply it for you.
A: When you apply your transcript from the Automated Document Application Payment Machine, you can select the option with ranking.
A: Fill out the e-form from Ming Chuan University Homepage/ Work/ e-form according to your request.
A: The deadline for midterm examination score reviewing is two weeks after the grades are official posted.
The deadline for final examination score reviewing is from the official grades are posted until the first week of the semester begins.
A: As the faculty has proven that there was an incorrect grade, the grade correction proposal needs to be discuss and pass by the Department Affairs Committee Meeting, School Affairs Committee Meeting, and Academic Affairs Committee Meeting. Upon approval by the Academic Affairs Committee Meeting, the grade correction will take effect.
[Summer Sessions Grade]
A: The grades earned during the summer sessions will not calculated into the semester academic grade average, it will be calculated upon the graduation grade average.
A: When you receive your registration notice and itemized fees statement, please pay before required deadline. Please bring your tuition payment receipt within three days from the beginning of the semester along with the student ID card to the Registrar Section to get the registration mark on the student ID card. For students who applied for the Assistantship and Loan, please submit the completed the application procedures receipt.
A: Students due to illness or special incidence that cannot complete the registration procedures by the required deadline, please have your family member or classmates represent you to apply delay registration for you. The representative should bring along documentation proof provided by your guardian to the Registrar Section. The delay registration period is within two weeks as the school starts.
A: According to Article 13 of General Provisions for Study, Students who fail to ask for extension or fail to make the registration deadline (including paying fees) will be compelled to withdraw from the university.
A: Students with outstanding grades in bachelor’s programs can apply to graduate one semester or one academic year early with approval from the Department Affairs Committee Meeting, the School Affairs Committee Meeting, and the University Affairs Committee Meeting. They must meet the following conditions: 1. Have completed all the required credits and having final average grade of 85 or higher for each semester, conduct score of 80 or higher, and physical education and military education score s of 70 or higher. 2. Remain among the top five percent of students for the same year-level within the department, section or specialized degree program every semester.
A: The Bursar Section will print the fee invoice and distribute to students every semester. Once receiving the tuition payment, please complete the payment within the required deadline via the assigned Bank (walk-in service, ATM transfers) and credit cards. If you lost your fee invoice, you can reissue it from the Bursar Section or print it from the Fees Query of your Student Information System and complete the payment within the required deadline.
A: If you take 9 course credits or below, you pay the course credits fee. If you take above 9 course credits, you need to pay the full tuition and miscellaneous fee.
[Change Personal Information]
A: 1. Log in Ming Chuan University Homepage/Work/E-form/Student Name Change, Birth Date Correction Application Form (For any questions, please inquire the Registrar Section (02) 2880-9705; Taoyuan Academic Affairs Section (03) 350-7001 extension 3142)
2. For current students, please bring a copy of your National ID card (ARC card for foreign student); for graduate students, please bring your diploma and a copy of your National ID card to the Registrar Section or Taoyuan Academic Affairs Section.
A: 1. Log in Ming Chuan University Homepage/Work/E-form/Student National ID Change (For any questions, please inquire the Registrar Section (02) 2880-9705; Taoyuan Academic Affairs Section (03) 350-7001 extension 3142)
2. For current students, please bring the original copy of your Household Registry Transcripts; for graduate students, please bring your diploma and the original copy of your Household Registry Transcripts to the Registrar Section or Taoyuan Academic Affairs Section.
A: For changing your permanent address, please bring your Household Registry Transcripts and a copy of the front and back of your National ID card to the Registrar Section or Taoyuan Academic Affairs Section. (If the permanent address has not changed on the National ID card, please turn in your Parental Agreement Form stating the changed address.)
A: 1. Students with critical illnesses requiring long recuperation periods, who cannot register on the assigned date, may apply for deferred enrollment; upon approval, the student’s admission will be retained for one year.
2. Students who have been ordered to report for military service before registration can apply for deferred enrollment; upon approval, the student’s admission will be retained. The deferment remains in effect three months after all the paperwork at the end of military service is completed. By the deadline of the deferred enrollment period, such students must submit the certificate of completion of military service to register for study.
3. Students who are pregnant or have recently given birth to a child and thus need to delay registration can defer enrollment; upon approval, depending on their circumstances and needs during pregnancy, childbirth, or rearing children under the age of three.
A: Please bring your Parental Agreement Form and student ID card to the Registrar Section and fill out the Leave of Study and Refund Application Form. After completing the study leave application procedures and upon approval, the Study Leave Certificate will be issued.
The deadline for applying study leave prior the last day of that semester.
A: Study leave is processed in units of one semester (for students in the extended study period) or one academic year (for students in first to fourth grade of the undergraduate program and one to second grade of graduate program). When the granted one academic year expired and still need to apply for another academic year of study leave, please reapply the study leave. When the study leave period reaches two academic years, students who are seriously ill or who have special circumstances may apply for one academic year’s extension upon submission of proper documents. If due to mental illness, please provide the medial proof from the public hospital and may apply for one academic year’s extension.
[Resumption of Study]
A: The Registrar Section will send the Resumption Notice, the tuition statement, and the Registration Notice to the students who need to resume study prior the beginning of every semester. Students need to fill out the e-form “Resumption of Studies Application Form” from Ming Chuan University Homepage/ Work/ e-form. Upon approval, please complete the course selection procedures within the assigned date and retrieve the student ID card from the Registrar Section.
A: Students approved for one academic year study leave and want to resume studies for one semester in advance need to fill out the e-form “Resume Studies in Advance and Enroll in Lower Year-level Application Form” from Ming Chuan University Homepage/Work/ e-form. Upon approval, please complete the tuition payment and the course selection procedures within the assigned date for resume studies.
A: Students who do not change their curriculum framework do not need to apply for course waiver. Those who change their curriculum framework need to apply for course waiver.
A: 1. Apply study leave prior registration: no payment is need.
2. Apply study leave/ withdraw from school after registration prior the semester starts: refund two third of the tuition fee and full amount of the miscellaneous fees.
3. Apply study leave/ withdraw from school prior one third of the semester (week 1 to 6): refund two third of the tuition and miscellaneous fees.
4. Apply study leave/ withdraw from school after one third of the semester and prior two third of the semester (week 7 to 12): refund one third of the tuition and miscellaneous fees.
5. Apply study leave/ withdraw from school after two third of the semester (starting week 13): no refund.
[Apply for Admission/ Withdraw from School/ Certificate of Completion/ Certificate of Enrollment]
A: Please view the Ming Chuan University Rules for Foreign Student Admissions. Application related issues, please contact the International Education and Exchange Division at (03) 350-7001 extension 3704.
A: 1. Students who apply for withdraw from school voluntarily, please bring the Parental Agreement Form to the Registrar Section to fill out the Withdrawal from Studies and Refund Application Form. After completing the withdraw from school procedures and upon approval, the Certificate of Completion is issued.
2. The Certificate of Completion will not issue to students who did not complete one semester since admission that did not earn any grades and their student status were revoked.
3. Students who were expelled by the school, still need to come to the school to complete the withdraw from school procedures by returning the student ID card and completing the Withdrawal from Studies and Refund Application Form.
A: 1. According to Ministry of Education 67.10.7 Tai (67) Gao 24829, the copy of the student ID card can represent as the Certificate of Enrollment. Please copy the front and back of your student ID card and bring it along with your student ID card to the Registrar Section (or Taoyuan Academic Affairs Section) to get verified stamp.
2. Pay 10 NTD at the Automated Document Application Payment Machine. If you apply for Chinese version, retrieve it directly from the machine. If you apply for English version, please bring the receipt to the Registrar Section (or Taoyuan Academic Affairs Section) to pick up the document.
[Reissue diploma/ ID card]
A: 1. Please fill out the e-form “Digital Student ID Card Reissue and Name Change Application Form” from the Ming Chuan University homepage.
2. Fill out the “Report Lost of iPASS” from the Student Information System.
3. Pay 200 NTD at the Automated Document Application Payment Machine and bring the receipt to the Registrar Section (Taoyuan Academic Affairs Section) to pick up your student ID card.
1. Please fill out the e-form from the Ming Chuan Homepage/ Work/ e-form/ Student Document Application.
2. Pay 30 NTD at the Automated Document Payment Machine and bring the receipt and your national ID card to the Registrar Section.
A: Please bring your original diploma and its copy to the Registrar Section (Academic Affairs Section) for the verified stamp “copy of the original” and be sealed at the General Secretary's Division.
Course Waiver/ Deadline
A: Students who change major, transferring from other universities, and new students who retook or readmit the admission examination.
A: Please bring the original transcript to your department secretary to apply for course waiver. You can only waive credits once upon entrance within the given time period, which is the first two weeks of the admitted semester, no late applications will be accepted.
A: For students transferring departments, sections, and specialized degree Programs to enter the 1st semester of their second year, a maximum total of 40 credits may be waived; for those entering the 2nd semester of their second year, the maximum total of waived credits is 60; for those entering the 1st semesterof their third year, the maximum total of waived credits is 80; for those entering the 2nd semester of their third year, the maximum total of waived credits is 95.
Students taking the entrance examination for a second time, students applying for entry for the first time, or students who have taken courses according to regulations and subsequently been awarded a degree at another institution is transferred into the year level according to the number of credits being waived, yet the required study period to earn a degree may not be less than one year.
For students who, according to the abovementioned rules, take courses and hold a Certificate of Credit Completion from University Extension and apply for credit waiver, the resulting study period to complete the degree may not be less than half of that program’s required study period and may not be less than one year.
A: The principles for credit waiver are as followed:
1. Name of the courses and content of courses is the same.
2. Name of courses is different, but the content of the two courses is similar.
3. Name of course and content is different but nature of the courses is similar.
If the content and nature of course is similar as in 2. and 3., course will be recognized by the department, section, and specialized degree program.
Q1: How do I check my attendance?
A: You can check your attendance on your Student Information System.
Q2: There is a mistake on my attendance record, what should I do?
A: You can file a report of the mistake attendance record within two weeks after the data entry date. The instructor can correct the mistakes online or file a report to the Academic Affairs Division with his or her signature to make the correction. Once past the two-week time period, any corrections due to special circumstances require filing a Roll Call Correction Form with the relevant proof and instructor’s signature to report to the Academic Affairs Division within one week after the deadline to make the correction. Applications will not be accepted once past the deadline or without relevant proof.
Q3: How do I apply for make-up examination?
A: The end-of-semester or graduation make-up examination is offered only once. If you cannot take the final or graduation examination due to special circumstances, should apply online (Student Information System) for a make-up examination on or before the examination. date. The deadline for applying for a make-up examination is 12 am on Friday of the final or graduation examination week. Late applications will not be accepted under any conditions. Make-up examinations are schedules on Wednesday to Friday of the week after the final or graduation examination week. The schedule of the make-up examination will be posted on the Student Information System for query the day before the make-up examination.
Q4: Class Timetable
【Taipei Campus, Jihe and Kinmen Location 】
|Section NO. ||Time |
|01 ||08:10 - 09:00 |
|02 ||09:10 - 10:00 |
|03 ||10:10 - 11:00 |
|04 ||11:10 - 12:00 |
|20 ||12:10 - 13:00 |
|05 ||13:10 - 14:00 |
|06 ||14:10 - 15:00 |
|07 ||15:10 - 16:00 |
|08 ||16:00 - 17:00 |
|09 ||17:10 - 18:00 |
|40 ||18:30 - 19:20 |
|50 ||19:25 - 20:15 |
|60 ||20:20 - 21:10 |
|70 ||21:15 - 22:05 |
|Section NO. ||Time |
|01 ||08:10 - 09:00 |
|02 ||09:10 - 10:00 |
|03 ||10:10 - 11:00 |
|04 ||11:10 - 12:00 |
|20 ||12:00 - 12:50 |
|05 ||12:50 - 13:40 |
|06 ||13:50 - 14:40 |
|07 ||14:50 - 15:40 |
|08 ||15:50 - 16:40 |
|09 ||16:50 - 17:40 |
|40 ||18:00 - 18:50 |
|50 ||18:55 - 19:45 |
|60 ||19:50 - 20:40 |
|70 ||20-45 - 21:35 |
Q1: I am a high school student, how can I make appointment to visit Ming Chuan University?
A: Please fill out the e-form NO. 513 "MCU Guests' Visit Arrangements" under Work/ e-Form on MCU webpage half a month prior the visit. Please specify the department and the course that you would like to visit. Or you can inqure +886-2-2880-9748 for further information.
Q2: How can I invite MCU teachers or students to my high/ vocational school to introduce the various academic disciplines, experience sharing, or Universities and Institute of Technology & Vocational Exhibition?
A: Please contact +886-2-2880-9748 to state the date, time, location, and topic for that activity.
Q1: Where should TAs and students on Taipei Campus submit their documents and application forms of Self-learning Group Project?
A: They can submit them to the TA mail box, located in I205. Another way is to ask your department secretary to transmit them to TLRC.
Q2: What are the office hours of Self-Learning Center on Taoyuan campus, and what are the regulations?
A: Please refer to the information published on the TLRC web site, under the item＂About Us＂／＂Location & Facilities＂.
Q3: Where and how can I borrow books and films from TLRC?
A: Students can first query the information about the books and films from the Library booking system. If they are shown to be located in TLRC, you can borrow them by going to TLRC office on Taoyuan campus with your student ID card; or for those students on Taipei campus, you can make a phone call to TLRC on 3660, and take the books and films from the Library office desk on Taipei Campus. The regulations are the same as the ones of the Library. (Teaching/learning video DVDs are not for taking out, just for in-Center access.)
Q4: Where can I access the information of teaching/learning activities held by TLRC, and how can I book them?
A: You can access the information through the Events item on TLRC web site. Besdies, you can book them through the Sign-Up item in the same web site.
Q5: Where can I access the information about more teaching/learning resources?
A: MCU has been a faithful partner of the Northern Taiwan Teaching Resource Center. Visitors can access its web site through the home pages of MCU or TLRC to get more information about teaching/learning resources.