To comply with epidemic protection due to confirmed COVID-19 cases on Taipei Campus, explanation of methods for conducting all classes on MCU Taipei Campus through online learning means
Based on Resolution Passed at April 9 MCU Epidemic Prevention Emergency Response Team Meeting
1. All classes on Taipei Campus will be conducted using distance learning online means from April 9 to 16 (excluding Jihe, Taoyuan, and Kinmen locations). Responsible faculty members may conduct their courses from their homes or notify the university in advance that they will come and use on-campus facilities to teach their courses. Classes at all other MCU locations will proceed in person.
2. Microsoft Teams and Moodle Teaching and Learning Platform will be used for the online distance learning; please save the related records for assessment documentation.
3. Taipei Campus students, except those who are confirmed or identified as potential contacts complying with self-health management, who are taking classes at other MCU locations are to attend those classes accordingly. For those complying with self-health monitoring, having received a text notification from the CDC or who are indirect contacts, they can move around freely, conduct a rapid self-test within 24 hours, and practice enhanced self-health management measures, such as checking body temperature morning and night, washing hands frequently, and wearing a face mask.
4. If faculty members are confirmed or identified as potential contacts complying with self-health management, thus must change their class to be conducted through online distance learning means, please inform students through Microsoft Teams and Moodle platform, as well as inform the Curriculum Section staff Ms. Wang, Shu-Wen at extension 2252 or Taoyuan Academic Affairs Section Ms. Peng, Yu-Juan at extension 3144.
5. Classes held on-site need to (1) have students sit in their assigned seats and practice real-name registration. For classes wherein it is not possible to sit in assigned seats, please take photos as proof for further epidemic investigation; (2) wear masks at all time during the class period and sanitize hands; (3) forbid eating during the class; (4) maintain good classroom air ventilation.
6. The midterm examinations scheduled for April 18 to 22 will proceed as usual. If there is any adjustment, please pay attention to further announcements from the Epidemic Prevention Emergency Response Team and the Academic Affairs Division. In this case, faculty members are to adjust the assessment methods accordingly and inform students.
七、Teams操作說明可至「銘傳大學MCU 資訊網路處知識庫—Teams懶人包」查詢https://reurl.cc/pmOmRd ，若帳密有問題請使用忘記密碼或是利用電子表單重新申請密碼。
7. For Teams operation manual, please visit the MCU Information and Network Division Knowledge Bank at https://reurl.cc/pmOmRd. If there is login problem, please use Forget Password or apply for a new password using the e-form.
8. For relevant course information during the epidemic period, please pay attention to the announcements from the Epidemic Prevention Emergency Response Team, the Academic Affairs Division and LineBot.
Additional explanation about different level of contacts and related measures
(1) Confirmed contacts: hospitalized for treatment. If there is one confirmed contact on the campus, classes will be conducted via online distance learning means for those classmates and the faculty member in the same class. If there are two confirmed contacts, that campus should adjust the teaching methods by suspending on-site classes without suspending learning and teaching.
(2) Identified potential contacts: direct contact with a confirmed case, quarantined for 10 days.
(3) Self-health management: receive notification from a health unit, quarantined for 7 days.
(4) Self-health monitoring: receive a text notification from the CDC or are indirect contacts, can move about freely and practice enhanced self-health management measures, such as checking body temperature morning and night, washing hands frequently, and wearing a face mask. The university requires a rapid self-test completed within 24 hours. If the test is negative, this individual can move about normally. If the test is positive, comply with regulations for confirmed contacts.
Academic Affairs Division